.. je pense que je donnerais comme sujet de dissertation des citations chinoises !
Et oui, en balladant sur le net, j'en ai repéré une ou deux que je trouve tout à fait juste, mais libre à chacun d'avoir son opinion sur le sujet.
Petite note, elles sont toutes de Confucius (étonnant tiens!).
Working on a wide drupal site project, I had to make some custom modules, feeting to my needs. After some monthes, I finaly have stable releases for most of them, so I intend to release them to the community.
A little but wonderfull tool in the python world is paster.
It permits you to generate with some code logics a full set of files.
You can for example create a buildout, apache configurations files and etc.
The documentation for profils are in the official minitage documentation : http://www.minitage.org/doc/rst/
What is interesting there is that i use it into minitage to generate stuff inside.
There are 2 main sort of templates:
Recently I had to force an HTTP/1.0 response with Apache because of a bad Java Parser. This parser/browser was asking for HTTP/1.1 responses but did'nt understood chunked content encoding. And so giving me a nice Sax exception "content not allowed in prolog".
For people who thinks that setup an Apache is easy (and of course, with some experience behind me, I agree), I say, beware of some details.
Update on February the 12th, 2010 : I'd advise to all people that stopped here googling the web about Spip to Drupal migration that they should consider looking at the concurrent spip2drupal Drupal project.
The last time I really did work on my own implementation was two years ago. I think you should not rely on my for this job.
Note for spip2drupal Drupal project developers : I can share what I did, and I think I did dawn robust code because I was working on a Spip site which live something like 5 or 6 Spip major upgrades, with a totally messed up database which means I had to handle *a lot* of edge cases.
I was originally using the Image Drupal project to handle Spip images, which is not anymore a recommended solution so my code is outdated; but it still remains a lot of work to handle different text encodings, database and encodings inconsistent states, and such things, so if you need help, ask me.
Testing the 'serve-branches' script, as mwh asked me on the previous bug report, i have now something pretty cool :)
So, something nice is that i have dropped away the ugly patch.
see : http://bzr.cryptelium.net in action.
Michael Hudson, the main developper, told me that the idea is to drop away the loggerhead.conf and to use serve-branches as the main thing to use.
What i had done on minitage this week end:
- Improved varnish configuration
- A new plone profile to be directly mapped to a zeo instance
- Pyc are now just regenerated when eggs are moved into the cache. Thanks to Jim Fulton and the appropriate zc.buildout's function i have borrowed :p
- easy_install method was refactored a bit.
- eggs install method code is now rock solid until the next bug.
Althought i was playing in the wonderfull world of mercurial, i 'm trying out bazaar and its tools.
The goal of the week end was to set up some repositories and a source browser on top of them.
In bazaar world, there is not much choice to achieve that. In other terms, you re really encouraged to use loggerhead.
So, i began to set up a repository, file access and so on... Then look at the loggerhead documentation. Great, there is some sort of auto publishing feature.
There is a long time i must have done that.
IT s done now, my blog is open :)
Stay tuned for new entries.
What will may be next:
- Plone customization
- Refactor logo and design of this bare plone.
- Integration with cryptelium services
- Cofee and tea